Our approach was to understand the context for the product, identify the market and the stakeholders for your new product development.
Understanding the company strategy is important from the outset because it articulates the brand, the vision and the guiding principles of the organisation.
The strategy underpinning a UX project will shape the goals of the project:
- what the organisation is hoping to achieve with the project;
- how its success should be measured;
- what priority it should have in the grand scheme of things.
The commons User Experience (UX) activities to do in this step are:
- Competitors and Best Practices;
- Internal Focus Groups (with the company departments);
- External Focus Groups (Stakeholder analysis);
- Assemble a multidisciplinary team to ensure complete expertise.